- The gorgeous, horrible beauty of Texas from above.
- MLB hypocrisy, the strange tragedy of A-Rod, standing up for villains, and a players’ union that barely deserves the name.
- No more Washington Redskins.
- And the keynote speaker for this year’s meeting of the California Library Association is: Henry Rollins, of course.
- Is going to Sochi like competing in the 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- Lost Orson Welles film found in an Italian warehouse.
- Today’s candidate for worst idea ever.
- In Europe, abortion is even more highly restricted than in the U.S., but for entirely different reasons.
- We’re taking our toys and going home!
- Just because Detroit is broke doesn’t mean they can’t be forced to spend hundreds of millions in public funds on a new sports arena.
- In South Korea, there’s an entire city of 10,000 people who all work in publishing. It’s called … Bookcity.
- “A lot of people tell us they often watch foreign movies or documentaries. But in practice, that doesn’t happen very much” - How Netflix’s algorithms influence what you’ll watch next.
- Your very own backseat Italians.
- Print and read: With the failed suicide bomber jihadi teens in Kandahar; “Maybe next time,” his mother says.
Tag Archives: henry rollins
Without Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky’s trilogy of Paradise Lost documentaries, most of the world would never have heard of the West Memphis Three. But when all is said and done, Amy Berg’s impactful film might ultimately stand the test of time as the true document of the case and its hair-raising implications for justice in America…
My full review is at Film Journal International.
The trailer is here: