- Getting Somali girls in Minnesota to take part in sports.
- Uranium mining, toxic runoff, the Grand Canyon … what could go wrong?
- Hello single-payer: Looks like Nevada is about to let about 3 million people buy into Medicaid.
- Ladies and gentlemen, the panicker in chief.
- The entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s.
- Spend 15 minutes a day reading the right books and you’d have a good solid education—so was born the famous Five Foot Shelf.
- Cool things: New York’s new Subway Library.
- Print and read: Rebecca Solnit on the most mocked man in the world.
- Bonus print and read: Wonder who runs the world? They meet at the Bellagio to talk money and most of the men look like Jared Kushner.