- Summer 2014: Ferguson, MO: “This isn’t Iraq. This is America;” turning Ferguson into a war zone; The National Review on the conservative reaction; once again, blaming “outside agitators.”
- 2012: One of the city’s most segregated cities has its own dividing line: Delmar Boulevard.
- 2010: Growing up black in St. Louis.
- 1950s–60s: The real reason that the Pruitt-Igoe housing complex failed.
- Summer 1949: The St. Louis swimming pool race riot that the city tried to forget.
- Summer 1917: The devastating and deadly East St. Louis race riot.
- Slavery in St. Louis: From the downtown slave market to Dred Scott, abolitionists, and the Underground Railroad.
- Print and read: The African-American experience in St. Louis.