- Cause: anti-vaccination extremists on the rise in Los Angeles; result: more kids getting sick, dying; also, vaccination rates in some affluent neighborhoods are as low as Sudan.
- Mass shooter incidents rising steadily since 2000, mostly targeting students.
- In rural Pennsylvania, it’s easier (and cheaper) to get heroin than wine or beer.
- South Park on the Washington Redskins.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald thought he’d be remembered for Tender is the Night, not The Great Gatsby.
- Alison Bechdel (Fun Home) finally gets her genius grant.
- Print and read: Left to right, anti-UN conspiracists to moms, the Common Core backlash.