- And now the protests come even to Plaza Frontenac.
- Pushing black voters to go Republican in St. Louis.
- If the CDC’s budget hadn’t been cut in half since 2006, we might have an Ebola vaccine by now.
- Signs of real-world openness, and reactionary backlash, at the Vatican synod.
- The gentrification of the humble dosa and inconvenience as a indulgence of the rich.
- It’s not good enough to just jog anymore, the truly fit must now train as if for the apocalypse.
- The abandoned mall in Kurdistan where Iraqi Christian refugees hope to wait out ISIS: “There are only 200,000 of us, Europe could take us.”
- Print and read: The most devastating thing Europeans introduced to the Western Hemisphere was the pig, and other surprises about pre-Columbian America.