- A common case of St. Louis Inferiority Complex as seen through a Wilco rarities box set.
- Cool chart time: The states where new restrictions make it hardest to exercise one’s democratic right to vote (good luck, Alabamians!).
- From living in a Rwandan garbage dump, to getting straight-A’s, to a scholarship at Harvard.
- The endangered raw-milk vending machines of Europe.
- Rwandan students in New Jersey have to stay home because people don’t understand geography.
- One-hour delivery for anything; the dot-bomb lesson of Kozmo.com.
- Here’s what’ll happen (or, really, what won’t happen) once the Republicans take the Senate.
- Ratings creep and how nasty PG-13 movies are allowed to be.
- Print and read: The Hot Zone author Richard Preston on genomics research and the war on Ebola.