- Why the head of the FBI insists on sending agents to the Holocaust Museum; why that bothers Poland.
- Hit jobs: Renata Adler’s 1980 takedown of Pauline Kael.
- New Orleans, where you can smoke inside and drink outside, no more.
- Chinese scientists edit genes in human embryos; “off-target” mutations result.
- Taco Bell fights unions off by delivering free tacos to Congressional staffers.
- Smartphones, couchsurfing.org, and other tools of the millennial hobo.
- The “ghost army” that faked out the Nazis.
- Medicare was controversial, then not so much. How will Obamacare fare in the long run?
- Print and read: “A dead goat doesn’t fear the butcher’s knife” — Risking death at sea seen as a good option for many African migrants.