During the 2016 election, major news networks devoted three times more coverage to Clinton’s email scandals than to all other policy issues combined.
- The new president will have his own Praetorian guard, it appears. Related, clues from Roman history on how republics die.
- Is the shocking GOP coup in North Carolina just a harbinger of more attacks on democracy?
- Audre Lorde, Rebecca Solnit, James Baldwin, et al: A reading list to guide you through the next four years.
- Wanted: White people to build all of Dear Leader’s beautiful new roads.
- “That depends on where you get your facts.“
- These are the books that writers are giving as gifts this year.
- Print and read: So how long will it be before a robot takes your job?
- Bonus print and read: “Possible to be smart and cool at the same damn time;” Ta-Nehisi Coates’s “My President was Black.”