- Why Blumhouse expanded from horror movies (Get Out, The Purge series) into publishing.
- The Palestinian novel that caused its author to be inundated with death threats.
- “We must respect confidences, just as lawyers and doctors do”—the secret art of the ghostwriter.
- How come everywhere in Washington, D.C. smells like weed now?
- The Big Sort: There’s a voting district in Virginia trending Democratic faster than anywhere else in the country; there’s one in West Virginia going the fastest to Republican.
- It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
- Seeing the latest Transformers with a very unimpressed Chinese audience.
- In latest administration short-sightedness, White House pushes to slash Amtrak funding.
- Print and read: A doctor in rural Minnesota, explaining Islam to his Trump-voting neighbors.