From Jem Cohen’s must-see 1999 documentary on the band Fugazi (you can see the whole movie here), this clip lays audio for their instrumental “Guilford Falls” over a hypnotic, electrifying montage of concert clips from their all-out performance at an anti-apartheid benefit concert:
- Associated Press starts using robot journalists … but at least it’s only for financial stories.
- In Donetsk, even shellfire can’t stop the circus from performing.
- Here’s what it was like for one person who grew up unvaccinated.
- An oral history of Chipotle.
- A lost cassette tape and the unreliability of memory; Or, Fugazi was awesome live.
- White men wearing Google Glass.
- Finally, a book cover that judges you.
- Print and read: If Silicon Valley is really such a meritocracy, why is the “savagely misogynistic” tech community almost entirely male?
- Bonus print and read: How the CIA and Mossad took out a Hezbollah bombmaker.