Best Fiction of 2009
Each January, the good folks at PopMatters publish an annotated list of what was really and truly outstanding in books the previous year. Right on schedule, their take on what truly stood out in the fiction category is now up for perusal here.
My additions to their list include:
- Blood’s a Rover, James Ellroy
- The Children’s Book, A.S. Byatt
- The Magicians, Lev Grossman
- Brothers, Yu Hua
- In Other Rooms, Other Wonders, Daniel Mueenuddin
- Richard Yates: Everyman’s Library
- Sandokan, Nanni Balestrini
Now get reading.